Monday, February 23, 2009

Drop pancakes with banana and butterscotch sauce

Pancakes , the perfect breakfast for so many families out there. Its is sometime for me also.
I make the banana-butterscotch sauce in advance and so its easy for me in the morning... I am a lazy morning bird.

My husband was bored of eating the honey or syrup for the pancakes, so I first tried just the double cream. Then in one TV show I learned about this sauce for a Ice-cream spread. I thought why not try it with our usual Pancakes, and guess what it worked. . .

Hope you all also enjoy this arrangement. Keep cooking :)

Ingredients:

For the pancakes:-
110 gm self rising flour
3 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
290 ml milk
30 gm caster sugar
2 tbsp veg oil for cooking

For the butterscotch sauce:-
55 gm butter
70 gm soft brown sugar
120 ml double cream
3 bananas peeled and cut into chunks

Whisk the flour, eggs, milk and baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
Heat pan and put oil and make the pancakes round in shape and thick enuff.
For the sauce, place butter in a pan and melt it , then put sugar and stir in the cream and remove from heat. Spoon in bananas.
Serve the pancakes with this sauce on the top and look at the faces of your family members. . . You will definitely feel worth doing this much work. . .

No comments: